When last heard from our travelers, they had just spent a lovely day in Aix-en-Provence. Sadly, it was now time to leave the old city of Marseille...
Doug and I did underestimate how much we would enjoy Marseille and we would like to have spent more time in the south. But before our train left in the afternoon we took a little bus tour around the coast and into the city and saw just how much we weren't seeing!
We had a quick lunch by our hotel on the Old Harbor...
I was charmed by the whole experience, by the window looking out our bedroom...
By how easily Doug slipped into his French ways...
I was charmed by the P's house and how perfect it was...
Doug, the Frenchman, talking with his hands
in front of the House of Adam (oldest house in Angers)
where he bought his tapestry
Touring a medieval church
Walking through the streets of Angers
(note: Doug is only about 6' 1")
And this is where I started learning the Art of French Dining. EVERY meal was unique and delicious and served in courses and always included cheeses and yet was fairly simple. I loved experiencing a little bit of what "real life" is like in France.
Well, more stories from Angers and the P's another day.
This was the heart-beat of our trip.




4 comments:
I adore the maison d'"P"
Shauna, I can't express how jealous I am right now! You capture such breathtaking photos! I'm so excited for you and the family to go. I'm so excited to see what sort of pictures you'll take. I hope you take a few feet pictures with the whole family!
Nice to see these photos of France and especially the home in Anger---but this comment is to WISH MY ST PATRICK CHILD A HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODAY!!! HAVE A GREAT AND SPECIAL DAY O'SHAUNESSY!!!!
I LOVE YOU MUCHISIMO
Thanks, Mama!
Post a Comment