Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Because I Love My Mother Very Much...


...I am going to post a new story.
My Mom called me yesterday and sort of threatened me.
So because I love my Mother
I've done the tedious task of uploading photos
from two different cameras
and now I'll tell some more stories.

(Sometimes I just don't feel like it.
You know?
Too busy doing life to re-live it.)

Well, last Saturday my best girlfriend and I
loaded up the truck
and went on a girl adventure.


We left the men-folk at home
and we headed up to Snowbird.

I LOVE going to Snowbird!

Abbie and I did a little hiking and exploring the first day


looking around to see what has changed and what is still the same
since last year.



When I'm here
I experience what I call
The Snowbird Stupor.


It doesn't matter what I'm doing,
eventually I find myself staring out the window
at my mountain
because it is right there
and it is calling to me.


When I can shake the stupor
I work on projects I bring.
That's not going as fast as I'd hoped...


One of my dear friends came up Sunday night
and brought her daughter
who is one of Abbie's dear friends.
She and I talked until 2:30 AM,
and after a few hours of sleep
we talked some more until she had to leave.

But she left her daughter
and she and Abbie have been having a ton of fun.

Sending bubbles into the night

Life is real simple this week.


1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Oh Shaun, what a wonderful idea your mom had! Yay, Dorothy!

This looks like pure heaven to me. There is no one on earth I'd rather do something like this with than my girls. They truly are our best friends, aren't they?

I hope you are still there having this quiet, simple week together.