Last weekend Sam asked if his friend, Keri, could come out for a visit.
It was her birthday on Sunday and she'd had to work and couldn't go home. And her family was gong to be gone to an extended family thing in another town. And she was going to be alone.
Well, I have a thing for celebrating a birthday. A birthday is meant to be celebrated. And I couldn't have Keri being all alone on her birthday. So I said "yes" to Sam.
And on Sunday she drove the lonely stretch of road to find us. And that evening we had a birthday dinner for her (no picture). And Abbie made a chocolate cake from scratch for her.
And she seemed delighted with the craziness that is our life. And she fit right in without skipping a beat.
It's fun to have friends to celebrate with-
And it's fun to sing along with the Birthday Bear-
And it's fun to watch the strange candles melt into strange postures-
And it's fun to watch people make a wish and blow out their candles and feel special on their day!




4 comments:
Jasmyne is spelled with a Y. Not an I.
oops. I'magwannagofixit
hmmm.... I'm not sure if I really like this whole another person fitting it, and not skipping a beat bit....
I'm feeling jealous
My Lil Bubbly!! That makes my heart sad. On all sorts of levels. You know I love you...
Post a Comment