We had a special treat this month over Conference Weekend. My brother, Scott, and his daughter, Lia, hitched a ride in a private plane to our little town. What are the crazy chances of Scott having a friend who has his own airplane and a daughter who lives on our little town? And that man with the plane was flying to our town for the weekend to visit his daughter who had a new baby. And Scott said, "Hey, I'll split the gas with you and go with you and visit my sister." And the friend said "Okay." So Scott and Lia flew into our (almost not a real) airport on Saturday and spent about 24 hours with us!
Abbie was so happy to have her only girl-cousin-her-age to play with for a day. And they played together non-stop. That is one of the coolest things about cousins: you can go for a long time without seeing each other, and when you do you are automatically connected.
The men of the house went to the Priesthood session together on Saturday night:
Because I'm kind of in a hurry to get some things done that need doing, I have to just end this now. I've tried to think of a way to close this post, but I can't come up with anything and there is actually more to say about this weekend but I don't have the pictures loaded onto my computer So that can just be a different post.
Okay, not a ton, but we did make 9 large pizzas and it seemed like a lot. Sam, who worked at Pizza Pie Cafe can toss a pizza into the air! And he is very artistic in his pizza creations. Making pizza with Sam is fun. We have a system down: I make the dough and sauce and he shapes the crusts and puts the pizzas together. It's a good system.
And everyone was happily gobbling pizza through the night and into the next day...
Well, this visit was all too short, and Sunday morning Doug and Abbie took Scott and Lia back to the airport for their flight home.
And I went back into the house to finish watching the morning session of conference and saw this:
So, yes, sometimes we sort of sleep through conference. Maybe some of it was still sinking in...?
And at some point in the day our sweet Lil Bubbly left a fragrant bouquet of lavender and a note on our porch. Thanks, Erica! Love you!
So what Im saying here is that I need to go now! Life is calling!




1 comment:
Wow, I love blogs like this! Such a treat to see a photo of Scott and Lia at your house as well as all your boys. However, the photo of the pizzas is cruel and unusual punishment! I could almost smell and taste it.
Post a Comment