Sunday, November 21, 2010

And So It Begins...


We've had a lovely Autumn.
The weather has been mild.
The skies have been blue.
We've been running around without coats
and only a jacket at night when the sun goes down.
We knew it wouldn't last forever.
And it didn't...

Our first snow came today.
Big, fluffy flakes.
The sun came out for a little peek
and then hid again behind the clouds.

The temperature is dropping.
There's a bit of a chilly wind.
I'm thinking it's time to hibernate until Spring.

(Do you think I can get away with that???)


3 comments:

Bonnie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bonnie said...

Boy that sure looks cold, Shaun! Burr. We will be heading your way on the 21st of Dec. Thanks for your support and prayers for Hazie. So scary and faith promoting at the same time. A paradox in life! Give your sweet mom a hug for me when you see her.

velinda said...

I think that bears are proof we have a mother in heaven, and she had some say in the creation of certain animals.

"Dear, let's make one that gets to sleep all winter and wake up 50 lbs skinnier."

"Good idea."

Yep, I wish I were a hibernater.


Then there's kangaroos, the mothers of the species get to give birth to babies the size of peanuts, who get to finish growing in a pouch, and can be kicked out of the pouch sporadically so mama kangaroo can sleep on her stomach, or whatever for a little while, towards the end. And they get to nurse in their little pouch with no attention from mom at all. She can keep doing whatever else she needs to, hands free. Now there's a plan.

"Now I know that it can't be this way for humans, Dear, but wouldn't it be fun if . . . "

"Good idea."

Yep, She was in on the planning meetings.