Saturday, November 12, 2011

Fly! My Little Chick

In August
we loaded him up.


REALLY loaded up:


We took one last kid-pic before
they said their "good-byes":


And we took him to his new life:


We got there late.
No matter, he was pretty excited:


We got him checked in and found his room:


We helped him unload-unpack-settle in:


She and I stayed in the Inn in the Town:


We caught up with him the next day
and took care of a few more registration details:


One last mom-pic before we said our good-bye:


And he was off to his new life:

I had that odd mix of happy/sad tears that a mother has.
Mostly I was so excited for him!
But I was still sad for us to not have him around every day.
He's such a great guy.

We've been down to visit a few times
and watched him in some performances with that trombone of his!


I think he's having a really good experience
and learning many things about life and people
and yes, even school stuff.

Be good to (for) my son, Snow College.
You're lucky to have him!


2 comments:

Jen said...

This made me cry- but mostly for joy.

velinda said...

totally know where you're comin' from-been there, done that. And as you well know, life will never be the same for him. It IS bitter-sweet. Mostly sweet. Okay, salty-sweet. Salt from the tears, sweet from the love and excitement for his big world adventure ahead. And you beat me to the just one left in the nest (or do you have someone else there?) I'm thinking that will be very weird. Almost as weird as the EMPTY nest so many of our sisters are experiencing!