Saturday, November 5, 2011

Mais Oui, L.V.


Last month Doug and I had a nice little get-away...

We went to Paris...
Las Vegas style...
Now, don't get me wrong.
I don't want to seem like a snob.
The re-creations are pretty good.
The room was very nice.
It was much bigger than the rooms we had
in Marseille and Paris
which was nice since I spent a lot of time there
while Doug was at his meetings.
No complaints from me about that.
What I was most looking forward to was the food.
In particular? The bread.
Boy, was I disappointed.
Really disappointed.
It was like Albertson's bread.
(Is Albertson's around anymore?)
Thankfully
this place made up for it with their
French Onion Soup.
(I'm sounding like a snob, aren't I?)
(Sorry. French food has done that to me.)
And it's always fun to get away with Doug.
Especially if it involves anything relating to France.
So, two years after the real-deal
we got to experience the flavor of France again
Only this time Las Vegas style...
(You know how I like to take pictures of my feet in places.)
(This seemed fitting.)


1 comment:

velinda said...

Just goes to show you get what you pay for, eh? Well, hey, solitude in a nice hotel room is good whereEVER it is, right? I'm sure you'll get back to the real deal one day . . . til then, excusez-moi, il faut que je parte . . . or . . . something . . .(gleaned from 7th grade french class where I learned as little as possible) . . .