Friday, September 25, 2009

I Fell In Love With France-Chapter 3


Chapter 3- Where My Feet Went

It was a sad, sad day in Paris when I realized I had been forgetting to do something I really wanted to do.

I wanted to photograph my feet in France.

I was so caught up in every moment of every day and I was using all my senses to capture and store away all the sights and sounds and smells and tastes, that I forgot about my feet pictures. I didn't forget about my feet because we walked the life out of our feet. I just forgot the pictures.

We are living testimonials of the comfort and power of Clarks shoes. Just in case you wanted to know. Wore some. Every day. Didn't want to look like tourists in our Nikes or New Balance. Curious thought since we were tourists...

On to my photographic essay of My Feet In France-partially:

The Metro

Chateau de Versailles

Courtyard of Versaille

The Petit Trianon
Marie-Antoinette's chateau at Versaille

My feet with Doug's at Monet's Gardens in Giverny

Entry hall of Monet's manor

Kitchen floor in Monet's home

Outside Sacré-Coeur

Le Musee du Louvre

The elevator of our hotel

Arc de Triomphe

Looking at the Champs-Élysées from
the Arc de Triomphe

and then...
"...if I had my way
I'd just walk through those doors
and wander down the
Champs-Élysées..."

This was a Moment for me.
Ever since Joni Mitchell sang to me
in the summer of 1975
about going from cafe to cabaret
and being a free man in Paris
and feeling unfettered and alive
I'd been waiting for
This Moment.

The circle was complete for me after 34 years.
Now I knew the Champs-Élysées
and I could get on the airplane the next day
and come home.

Another trip will have to capture Marseille and Aix and Angers (Anjou).

My thanks to 'lil bubbly for the inspiration!





4 comments:

Gone Gal said...

Nice shoes! How did they hold up for your tired dawgs?

Bowen Family said...

That is a fun way to look at things

Bonnie said...

OK, I LOVE this one! What a fun idea..I may have to do it too in Italy. But my shoes are pretty ugly that I will be wearing. I have a big issue with comfy shoes and I know I will need them and that will be far more important than any fashion statement I'd be making. It is not easy to walk miles on cobblestone and marble! Also dead of winter...so...

But I love the places you walked and this great idea for a post. I am going to check out some Clark shoes. Thanks for the tip! I can just feel your excitement about this wonderful vacation. Thanks for sharing it with us! It is making me want to go back to France again.

happybritton said...

:) I'm just so happy, all I can do is smile and squeal (my cheeks are hurting from all the smiling I've been doing!) I'm glad you didn't forget.