Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Connecting Moments

Where: Mom's house

When: Late last Friday night

Who: The three siblings still at Mom's house

What: They retrieved their laptops (because they don't travel without them) and gathered around Mom's table. If Mom had a laptop, she would have, also.

Why: To share favorite youtube clips (or whatever) with one another. Family bonding for the new millennia.

* Thanks to my son, Jake, who noticed the kookiness of this moment and without any prompting from me picked up my camera and documented this moment for family history. He's got the eye for the moment, that boy has.

** Sometime after I had graduated from BYU in 1982 and was working at the Health Dept. we got a new computer and printer for the admin. office. The printer was huge, 2 1/2 feet long or so, and it was SO noisy as it clacked away, but we were all very excited with the incredulousness of it all. We'd go into the admin. office just to see it print! I remember around that time I heard on a television program that in the not-too-distant future every home would have one or two computers in it. huh? Why would we need one, let alone two?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why, indeed.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

That is great! I can remember similar conversations between Jim and me when the notion of PCs was just coming around. We kept saying things like, "That is the dumbest thing ever...what would you keep on your computer, recipes? How funny that we had absolutely no idea what was coming!

You time at home is getting short. I hope you enjoy France so much. I think you will. I always say we had one of the 10 best days/nights of our lives in Paris. It is such a unique place. Enjoy it fully!

I know how you feel about leaving little Abbie. I use to feel the same way with our youngest, Laura. Even when she was in high school I hated to even go out to dinner without her. Most of the time we took her along but once in awhile you just need time alone with your spouse. It will be great for you and Doug and Abbie will be just fine. It sounds like you have a fun time planned for her!