Today we had a picnic in Vernon.
Vernon is north of Paris, in Normandy.
We were on our way to Claude Monet's Gardens,
but that story will come later.
We stopped at the market in the town square
and bought cheese and grapes and a tomato and some kind of meat
(with Doug buying it's best not to ask...)
and we also went to a Boulanger
and bought a small quiche and some brioche of Normandy
and we had our picnic on the banks of the Seine
beside a reconstructed medieval flour mill
on a really beautiful bridge that was bombed out
during the invasion of Normandy,
and we were enjoying our meal and the beauty around us
when I looked over by the bridge and noticed
a man standing next to the bridge-
just standing there-
and then it HIT me and I said:
"Doug, is that man p..ing?"
And Doug said,
"Welcome to France."




6 comments:
I know that I say this a lot about the things you post, but I love this! HAHA
It started out so sweet and romantic, but the touch of the man in a long black coat doing what a little boy would do was priceless.
Oh, I wish I had a moment like that to share.
So sweet...the picnic...so funny the man in the trench coat. I think this might be welcome to Europe..I have seen it in Scotland and Italy! At least the American men hide behind a bush!
Hey Mom!
That is so funny! Hahahaha I miss you! see you tomorrow!!!
xoxo Abbie
Pretty funny story. Food looks devine. I think Doug is right! Welcome to france. When I was in Lourdes, I saw an official sign posted over an electrical box which read something "Danger. N'uriner pas. électricité." I took a pic of it.
I love how you've tried to disguise the champagne as a water bottle.
How awesome. That picnic looks amazing.
http://theprovidentwoman.com
Post a Comment