Okay. So this won't be that visually interesting, I know. But since this is also a family journal sort of thing, these pictures have to be.
I wasn't prepared for how hard it was for me to say good-bye to my children. tears. Hidden behind my sunglasses. Tears all the way to the ticket counter.
Even though this is an exciting thing to do, I had tears. The pull of opposing emotions.

But once we were doing what we set forth to do? Well, yee-haw! Let's have fun!

The plane ride, while long, wasn't too bad. There was a party feel in the group. There were also a few groups going to France and Italy and going to have fun. So it wasn't too bad.

We had pretty good seats, for steerage. It just wasn't as bad as I thought it might be.
And this thing? I could have watched this the whole way but they kept putting on movies and tv shows.

It was just so cool to see where we were going. I was that close to Iceland! Hey, Abbie, Iceland! (We were just reading about that in Hisotry). And look: IRELAND! I flew over Ireland. That had meaning to me.

My first view of France. Not a good one, but hey...
And...my first French Kiss!
Sorry. Lame joke, I know.

There you go and off we go. We're exploring Marseille and Provence today.
PS: Doug is doing really well speaking French. Everyone does around here.
8 comments:
Oh my goodness. I am excited that you are blogging on the trip! Awesome! My brother and his wife are there in France right now but are about to come home. They'll be home on the 11th. I hope you enjoy yourselves immensely! How long are you gone...I am thinking you said two weeks somewhere long the line.
We love Paris..I hope you will too. I wanted to go to Versailles in the worst way but we haven't yet...so we have to go back some day!
Hi Shauna, I was wondering why you weren't answering my email about our planning meeting in the park with Jen..........just kidding. I can't believe you're actually there already. Have a good time. It will be fun to hear about your trip when you get home.
ouGlad you found a moment to blog. Have a fabulous time. I am so excited for you and Doug. What an incredible opportunity!!!!!
I am Glad you found a moment to blog. Have a fabulous time. I am so excited for you and Doug. What an incredible opportunity!!!!!
Hey Mom! That's so cool that you flew over Ireland. Have a great time!
Tears? They better have been for joy. Abbie, don't let those tears scar you for life. It is natural and right for parents to vacay on their own. It's okay for you to grow up, move out, go to college and get married. And we can be glad your mom's drama (I think she was in drama club in h.s.) ended, because we are looking forward to more funtastic and fabulous reports and photos! Whoopeee!!!!
French Kiss?! Cute!!!
Post a Comment