Monday, September 7, 2009

Remembering



On Mother's Day, 2007, I made a little gift for myself.
A little book of significance for me.

I wrote, in the introduction, that I make little books for others
and I wanted one for myself
and the best way to get one was to make it myself.
So I did.

It was a simple book.
I had a picture taken of myself
with each of my children
and printed them out
(wa-hoo for the digital age!)
and I glued the picture on one side
and left the the other side for the child
to write a message to me.

And I do treasure this Mother's Day gift.

But that isn't the point right now.
What I want to talk about is
how I looked at this book the other day
and the pictures of me with my children
and it made me happy.

What really wonderful children I have!

Nick

Sam

Fred

Jake

Abbie

I'm glad I took the time, that afternoon,
to make this little book for myself.
A moment in time captured for always.

It's a curious thing
how one just doesn't know the twists and turns that
life's journey will bring.
But we capture the moments
with our pictures
and we capture the thoughts and feelings
in that moment
with our words
and we're able to remember
how blessed we really are.



3 comments:

WesnKim-sidebyside said...

How very beautiful!

happybritton said...

I cannot believe the changes everyone has made in such a short time! Those pictures are adorable! I'm so glad you shared them with us.

Carla said...

I remember when you make this book. I thought it was very clever of you. It is beautiful. You are all beautiful...truly. You always have a way to inspire people Shauna. Thanks for sharing.