You thought I forgot, didn't you? I didn't. There is still so much to tell...
Chapter 6- The Markets of Marseille
The day after we arrive in Marseille we planned on going to Aix. We had to adjust some of our plans and we ended up going to Aix in the afternoon, which meant we didn't have nearly enough time there which means we will have to go back.
But that morning we walked all over a good portion of Marseille. And we didn't even cover a smidgen of the town because it is the second largest city in France.
Marseille is such a diverse city, which when you consider it is a port city on the Mediterranean you can figure that it will be filled with all kinds of people and cultures.
Here is something that we saw ALL over France:
I would like to be able to spend a longer time in Marseille. I don't feel like I was able to explore it enough. It is such an interesting city and it has a vibration to it. An energy that is hard to describe. I really liked Marseille.
Well, we eventually caught our train to Aix and continued our adventure.
I was really excited to be in Aix-en-Provence. Yes, this is me taking a picture of the sign:
I'll tell that story next time.




1 comment:
I read this with great interest as my French teacher in high school was from Marseilles. We heard about its 'vibration' every single day. That lady was in love with her mother country and especially Marseilles.
While in Italy last time we noticed that the Europeans are really quite uninterested in tourists there too. In fact they are not friendly in the least. And the graffiti was really shameful on so many gorgeous and historic structures.
It looks like you had a great time. In spite of the downsides...travel over there is just so fun and interesting.
Post a Comment