It is a sad, but true, fact
that the fewer children one has living at home
the easier it is to make certain foods.
Case in point:
The Dutch Baby Pancake.
I used to make this many years ago.
But the more children we had, the more impossible it was to make this
because one wasn't enough for everyone
and our oven wouldn't fit two pans
and they take 20 minutes to cook
and are okay cold, but better hot.
So as we had more children, I stopped making them.
Now there are only four of us at home.
I've made three of these in the last 9 days.
I give you the recipe for morning yumminess:
Dutch Baby Pancake
3-4 qt. oven-proof pan
1/3 cup butter
4 eggs
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
To make, place butter in pan and set in a 425* oven. While butter melts, mix batter quickly. Put eggs in a blender or food processor and whirl at hight speed for 1 minute. With motor running, gradually pour in milk, then slowly add flour; continue whirling for 30 seconds. (You can also do all this by hand in a bowl.)
Remove pan from oven when butter is melted and pour in batter. Return pan to oven and bake until pancake is puffy and well browned (20 -25 minutes).
Serve while hot with powdered sugar or syrup or fruit.
Enjoy!!
(An apology to my sons who have moved out of the house. If you come home for a visit I'll make this for you. I did for Sam last week when he came home :) )




2 comments:
This looks and sound delicious, Shaun.It also looks very posh! Good job. I might have to try this when I get home from Utah!
Mmmmm! Shauna will you make one for me too? Looks really delicious
Post a Comment