************************************
Our morning routine? Well, here are the basics right now: Fred gets up around 5:15 and is gone by 5:45. With Sam's new job he doesn't have to leave until 6:30 or so. Doug usually gets up around 5:30 or 6:00 so he can go for a run or a ride, then home to get cleaned up and out the door at 7:45 for work at 8:00. Abbie has been really great about getting up and getting ready for school. She's even been getting her own breakfast and making her own sack lunch. I take her to school at 8:00.
It is so busy and chaotic around here in the mornings.
And here is our reality right now: I am recovering from a hysterectomy surgery just over three weeks ago. That means I'm not doing any of the usual stuff, except to take Abbie to school.
Everyone is pretty much on their own these days! And actually, Doug and the boys would be on their own even if I wasn't recovering from a surgery. You aren't going to find me getting up and fixing ANYONE breakfast that early!
So, morning routine? There isn't much of one right now for me. But it will happen again. Soon. That rountine-thing where I will get up at 6:30. And then go exercise. And then make breakfast, and Abbie's lunch, and then take Abs to school.
Wait! No it won't happen. Because there are only 5 more school days left. Yippee! Can we have some lazy summer mornings? The kind when we get up when we're ready? Better yet, the kind of morning when we stay in bed reading a book until we're so hungry we have to get up to eat?
Hummm...even if I did try to do that, well, with all the commotion of everyone else in the house I may as well get back to a good morning routine, too.
So: 6:30 wake up, read scriptures
7:00 exercise
8:00 shower, dress, breakfast
9:00 get on with the day
etc. etc. etc.
(not nearly as fun as staying in bed and reading)




2 comments:
Allen has been getting up and making breakfast for two weeks now. Usually everyone makes their own...and my kids like to COOK breakfast. So the nice thing is there is less mess in the kitchen, and the bad thing is I expect I'm gaining weight...he never makes green smoothies, always pancakes or french toast, etc. Me, I'm not a morning person.
Carrie, I'm not either... And I'm not much of a breakfast person, either.
Post a Comment