Monday, May 21, 2012

Spirit - Day 4

I'm taking an online class to help me with my writing. Every morning I get an email prompt about the topic for the day and I write what I can/want, with the intent to go deeper than just the basics and to capture the details of my life. You can learn more about the class here: 31 Days For the fun of it, I'm posting on my blog what I wrote for the previous day's assignment.


*********************************




Believe in God; believe that he is, and that he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend. Mosiah 4:9
Today as the excitement of viewing the solar eclipse grew, this scripture came to my mind. As we made our pin-hole viewer, and as we waited and tried to see the eclipse, I thought of this scripture. And around 7:30 PM when we could REALLY see it, I thought of this scripture.

The invitation is so simple: Believe in God. And I do believe in God. But sometimes I don't have the right faith for this journey. Sometimes I let my fear guide me. I guess that sometimes I don't believe that He really does have things under control.

Believe that he has all wisdom and power, both in heaven and in earth.

Look at the cool solar eclipse he made! He's got it under control. 

Believe that He is.



No comments: