I'm taking an online class to help me with my writing. Every morning I get an email prompt about the topic for the day and I write what I can/want, with the intent to go deeper than just the basics and to capture the details of my life. You can learn more about the class here: 31 Days For the fun of it, I'm posting on my blog what I wrote for the previous day's assignment.
*********************************
I watch a few favorite t.v. shows: The Amazing Race, House Hunters, and Chopped. Since I've been recovering I've watched a lot of t.v., it seems. There's a lot of junk t.v..
I watch British dramas on DVD: Lark Rise to Candleford, Downton Abby, Cranford, all versions of Jane Eyre, Emma, Austen, Bronte, etc.
I don't watch movies at the theatre as much as I'd like. I'd like to have a great movie-watching-theatre out here. Then I'd watch more.
I watch the movies for family-pizza-and-a-movie-night, unless I'm REALLY not interested. Then I take more time making the pizzas!
I watch my kids navigate their way through life. I'm learning to watch more and speak less.
I watch myself navigating through my life at middle age. I want to do this with more graciousness.
I watch myself release some "things" of my life. Some I release with regret. Some with gratitude. Others just because it must be so.
Sometimes I watch myself go through my life sort of asleep. Sometimes I watch myself wake up.
I watch the seasons change. I love the changing of seasons.
I watch my children play their instruments in various places-at home or in an orchestra-and I get a lump in my throat and little tears in my eyes. I love how musical they are.
I watch life often through my camera lens.
I watch the interactions of my children with each other. I am so grateful they are all good friends with one another and that they laugh together.
I watch over the women in our congregation. I love getting to know these women and encouraging them and serving them.
I watch my mother and I learn from her. I've been doing this for many, many years. She is my rock.
A few evening ago I sat on a chaise lounge and watched the clouds in the sky. It wasn't just a look up at the clouds in the sky, but a lay back and watch the clouds in the sky on purpose. I wondered why I don't do that anymore?





2 comments:
"Sometimes I watch myself go through my life sort of asleep. Sometimes I watch myself wake up." brilliant
It's true. You are brilliant!
I always learn so much from you Shauna.
Do you know you're a huge example to me? Do you know how much you inspire me?
Do you know how great and cool, and smart, and strong you are?
Post a Comment