Monday, June 25, 2012

Day 18 - 9:15 AM

I'm taking an online class to help me with my writing. Every morning I get an email prompt about the topic for the day and I write what I can/want, with the intent to go deeper than just the basics and to capture the details of my life.

******************************



It is 9:15 on Monday morning. After the weekend. After getting home on Saturday. After a week at Snowbird. That means there is so much work to do.
I wanted to have one of those summer mornings when I lay in bed and read for as long as I want. But I did that at Snowbird, only the bed wasn't very comfortable, so that didn't ever last too long.

On this Monday morning at 9:15 I find myself going through the house to get the garbage out. It is garbage day today and it can be so unpredictable when the garbage truck will actually come along.

I had wanted to go out on my walk early today because it's going to be a hot day, around 99ยบ. Hot and dry. Instead of going walking I stayed in bed and did some reading.

Now I'm in the midst of my big task of the morning: cleaning up the kitchen and cleaning out the fridge. I have to beat the garbage truck on this one. Too many weeks have gone by without a fridge purge and wash down (pre-surgery 8+ weeks ago). I have the laundry going. I've had my healthy little breakfast and taken my vitamins. I checked some emails and quickly looked to see what's going on in face-book-land (A friend's post made me laugh out loud. She posted: 35 years ago today I became a child bride... Thanks for the laugh, Julie!)

Okay, okay! Now I really have to get back to the fridge before the garbage truck gets here.

I have such interesting Monday mornings...


No comments: