When we were going to dental school in Virginia we started a tradition with the boys of having an Easter party on the Saturday before Easter so that the focus on Easter Sunday could stay on the Savior. So Easter Saturday was all about spring and egg hunts and games and candy and all that fun stuff. We've had great parties through the years with the children and their friends. As a mother of young children I learned just how much fun a mom can create, and the Easter Bunny Cake was one of those fun things. It has been a tradition for many years. This year, as I was driving out to Orem and thinking about what I needed to do to help get Easter dinner ready I decided to "simplify", as Mom is always telling me to do. I decided the thing I could let go of would be the bunny cake, the boys were older, nobody would miss it. Once I got to town I met up with Nick to give him some things and we started talking about how the weekend was going to go and I was telling him the things I needed to do, and he said, "You're going to make the Bunny cake, aren't you?" Well, what does a good mom say to THAT??!! I said "yes"! And this is Bunny Cake 2008.
Just a note: it is really difficult to find coconut in Orem on the Saturday before Easter. Mom and I had a hard time of it. I finally managed to find one small can of it on the shelf at Wal-Mart Saturday evening. And that was after a little voice said to me: "You may want to go over to the baking aisle to see if they have coconut. There may only be one can left." No kidding! So I went over to the food section and found the remaining can of coconut in the city of Orem.
Just another note: There isn't any good candy left to buy on the Saturday evening before Easter. Sorry kids...




1 comment:
Isn't it wonderful when our kids won't let our family traditions die! Way to go Nick! Way to go Mom!
Love ya,
Julie
Post a Comment