Monday, April 21, 2008

Why I Love Macy's (not the grocery store)

So, Saturday I'm at University Mall in Orem to do some birthday shopping for Janet (see previous post) and I go to Macy's because I knew they were having a sale (which they often do) and I also had an additional 20% off coupon. I thought I could save some pretty good money by shopping there. I had no idea...

After spending some serious time in serious consideration, I found what I wanted for Janet. Then I remembered that I wanted to look at the men's jackets/blazers/sportcoats to see if there was anything I could get Doug. It was pretty late in the day after a 2-day sale, so I wasn't sure what might be there still, but it was worth the try. The pickings were slim, and even slimmer in the 43R size, it seemed obvious why some of the jackets were still there. And then I saw it, a camel, 100% wool, Geoffrey Beene sportcoat marked down 60% from the already marked down price.

I felt it, it was beautifully soft and luxurious. I checked the price: $250.00. Okay, so what was the sale price? It was a beautiful jacket. What was I willing to pay? I saw the sign with the sale price breakdown and looked over at the clerk who was watching me and asked, "Is this for real?" He smiled at me and said, "Yes, it is." I started falling in love with Macy's yet again. I could buy this $250.00 jacket for only $39.99. How crazy is that? How are they making any money?

It didn't take a lot of deliberation on my part. How could I not get this jacket for my husband? So I plopped down my Macy's card and pulled out my 20% off coupon and watched the magic of another Macy's sale ring up on the register. If you look you'll see that with the additional 20% off, this beautiful jacket only cost me $31.99!!

(Other prices have been blurred out of respect for Janet's birthday gifts, but I got some kicking deals on those, also!)


How lovely does this jacket look on my husband? Of course we know that the clothes don't make the man and the Lord looketh upon the heart and we need to be careful about setting our hearts upon fine-twined linens. But when I can buy fine twined linen cheaper than I can buy Wal-Mart cotton/poly blend, I'm going for the quality.

He really is very handsome, with or without the jacket


And this, my friends, is why I love Macy's!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Lee says I need to give you his measurements! Seriously, I am a lousy shopper.
-Jen

Shaun at Oak Den said...

The "thrill of the sale" is my equivalent of a man's "thrill of the hunt." Its a great feeling!
-Shauna