Sunday, September 7, 2008

Technology Trap


I have been without my camera for over a week. Nick has had it. It should be coming back to me today, wahoo! I have used Jake's camera to snap a few photos, but we don't have a cord to upload pictures to The Computer. Maybe we do, Jake just doesn't know where it is. There have been things I wanted to share but I either a) have no camera or b) have camera but can't get the pictures.

Our Computer has been in the shop for a few weeks. I probably ought to call tomorrow and find out if it has been fixed. Mostly I hope the pictures have been recovered. Doug brings home the laptop most evenings and on the weekend and that is when I get computer time in-maybe. I have to admit that I kind of like not having The Computer available at any moment. We have all experienced more time in our days because the minutes aren't being gobbled up by The Computer.

I remember when I was in college at BYU in the very early 1980's and was part of a class discussion (economics? organizational behavior?) where it was said that the day would come when every home would have a computer in it. I COULD NOT FATHOM THAT. I couldn't grasp what NEED there would be for every home to have a computer in it. Isn't that funny?

And you know what? For Christmas I'm asking Santa for one of these:



I'm going to venture into the world of apples, which is kind of funny because I don't know what I'm doing on a computer. My brother assures me that I can do this and I won't regret it.

I'm going to have to be really good so Santa will bring one of these to me.

Should I ask for a white one or a black one? I'm kind of getting tired of black. White looks a little more friendly, not quite so serious. Maybe I'll ask for white. But will that look dirty faster?

I do have bigger things to think about.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Shauna,
My SIL Cindy swear by macs. They have a white one. I have to say it does look a lot friendlier. They have 5 kids at home who are constantly on the computer and I have never once thought it looked dirty:)
So I say white! I hope Santa is nice to you!
-Jen