...five children call me "Mom". Or sometimes "Momma". Once in awhile I'll get a "Mommy". And every so often a "Mother".

And now is the time of life when I don't get to be with ALL of my children on Mother's Day. During those long years of mothering a house full of children it never really occurred to me that the day would come when my Mother's Day would feel a little empty. Where are all the children??

But Samo did send Nick home from our weekend in the City with sweets to give me today from the
Sweet Tooth Fairy bake shop. Very cute, pretty, sweet and tasty! Just a side note: the owner of this shop is an old surfing buddy of one of Sam's room-mates and today Sam told me that he came over to their house last night. He plays the guitar really well and he jammed with Sam, who was on his drums. Then Fred went over and he and Fred played guitars together. They had a fun time with him. Sam said he's really good. Think about that. A former surfer dude who plays guitar really well and now bakes cupcakes.
Well, back to today.

Miss Abbie made me a garden stone in her Girl's Achievement last week. The great thing about this stone is that it can either say "MOM" or it can say "WOW". And if you turn it quickly back and forth it will say "WOW MOM".

And from Nick I received a very pretty silver necklace. Jewelry from my son! How cool is that?

Jake came home tonight from a band trip to Denver. He was exhausted but happy. He brought home PEACE for his Mother's Day gift to me. (Ha ha! Cheap jewelry from the amusement park! A good reminder, nonetheless.)

And my gift to myself? Lilacs from our bushes! I LOVE lilacs. And these smell wonderful.
Doug fixed yummy food. I took a much needed nap. Another Mother's Day, with all the ups and downs and successes and failures and happy's and sad's that it represents.
And to my Mother: I Love You. Thank you for being my Mom.
1 comment:
I am glad you had a great Mother's Day. I did too although all of my kids were far away. It was a bitter sweet day for me missing my own mom and kids but the kids managed to spoil me from afar. And my hubby cooked a great dinner and has been working tirelessly to remodel our kitchen so all is well. Being a mom is the greatest..how wonerful to have five kids. I have three and 10 grandkids! Enjoy them all!
Post a Comment