Thursday, November 19, 2009

Capturing December

This may come as no surprise to many, but I was rather clueless about it. But now I'm not.

There is quite the energy out in memory-keeping-land, fueled by the ease and convenience of the internet, to document the month of December in a variety of ways.

I didn't know.

As much as I love taking pictures and writing in journals and keeping memories, this has appealed to me.

There are, of course, many variations on the theme. But basically I will prepare some type of book before December 1st and then every day throughout the month record events of the day and/or thoughts of the day.

So I've gathered up some "stuff" I've had waiting to be put to good use, and I need to put together a book as fancy or as simple as I desire (I choose simple) and be ready to go.

Here are some links that I've checked into. I don't want to know about any more because I'll get crazy, so don't send me anything you know!

Ali Edwards' December Daily (look on her left sidebar under "projects"): http://www.aliedwards.typepad.com/

Shimelle (this class costs money but as I understand it you get daily prompts to write about, and I think there are some digital downloads you get.): http://www.shimelle.com/classes/624/an-online-class-for-the-holidays-journal-your-christmas/

Jessica Sprague (I signed up for this because it was free. I think it is closed now): http://www.jessicasprague.com/

Organized Christmas (actually this site has forms etc to keep yourself organized but also a way to record your holiday without fuss): http://christmas.organizedhome.com/printable/houseworks-holiday-plan

The possibilities are exciting!




1 comment:

Bonnie said...

I need to get into this. I have sort of made my blog my scrapping but I remember how much the kids and we love looking through the books. Have fun with it!