I know all about the "early to bed, early to rise..." things.
I know the early bird gets the worm.
But I am not a morning person.
I try to be.
Usually I am a morning person because I have to be.
(Like the 12 weeks I've had to wake up at 5:15 on TTH to take Jake to Driver's Ed. class at 6:00)
(And I have to get up at 6:15 to take him to jazz band every MWF at 7:00)
But I don't like it.
I drag through the morning.
I hardly get anything done.
Sometimes I take a nap.
(Sometimes that isn't on purpose, like when I fall asleep reading out loud to Abbie.)
But in the afternoon something happens and POW!
I'm full of energy.
I'm ready for my plans.
I want to get things done.
I could go for HOURS.
It is a hard and vicious cycle.
I HAVE to go to bed because I know I have to get up early.
Yet, I lay in bed thinking about all the things I'd rather be doing than sleeping.
So I listen to the yoga music playing softly on my iHome.
And I try to quiet my brain.
And I breathe slow and deep.
And I smile in the dark so that I'll have happy lines on my face instead of furrowed lines.
Sometimes in the morning, after I've taken Jake to the school,
and Doug has gone to work,
and Abbie isn't up yet,
and I really want to go back to bed,
I don't.
But I'll make some hot Ovaltine (with milk)
and I'll wrap up in my quilt
and sit on the floor in the living room
by the big window so I can watch the morning come
and I'll catch up with computer stuff
and just sort of ease into the day.
But I'm telling ya-
it ain't easy.




4 comments:
I'm with you all the way girl. I too am not a morning person. Many times I have tried and even been forced like you are now, but my body is a night owl. It is what it is and it's all good. So do you ever see the "bonus points?"
Well, I'm hoping the angels in heaven keep track of the bonus points and they will compensate for the points I DON'T get because of, well.. just because...
Do you think it might work that way??!
Shaun, we are complete opposites on this one. I am up at 4:00 most mornings to send Jim off to work. I am so use to it now that I wake up then even on the weekends. I am amazed by what I can get done during those morning hours but at 3:00 PM I am done. I am like a person on the west coast living on Eastern time! Bummer. I think It is why I am not that crazy about cooking and the dinner hour. After that I get a second wind but it is tough. I am sure the bonus points must come into play somewhere in the plan. Hopefully anyway.
Hugs, B
you are my hero.
I. Just. Love. You!
Post a Comment