On Wednesday we had a full-on-all-day-long snow day. It was lovely. It was cozy. I got to shovel a LOT (which is my favorite winter past time, evidently). But I missed the sun.
Three years ago, the year the city water pipe to our house froze on January 17th and we had to run a hose from our neighbor's house to our house so that we could have running water until the pipe thawed in April (I am not kidding you), I said, "ENOUGH!". And I planned a family trip to Hawaii. And we went in April, just a few days after the pipe thawed.
Planning a trip to Hawaii was an effective, although expensive, way to get through January and February.
I realized that this January has kind of flown by for me because I've been taking a couple of on-line classes which have caused me to be über-focused. I sit at my desk in my art room with the sun streaming through the window, and learn and work and create. In the afternoon I get full-on sun blinding me. It feels great.
And when I need to pause and let my brain relax, I have a beautiful view of the golf course dressed for Winter. And I remember what the Spring and Summer dresses look like and that is a happy thought.
When I am at the point where I'm able to say that "next month it will be Spring" I am on the home stretch and it feels like I've got it in the bag.
Here's to getting through January and February in Utah [clink].




2 comments:
I am with you on this whole notion of just getting to spring. I do shutter when I think we may move to the snow someday and that I have a hard time with winter here in CA! For me it is more about the light I think then the temperature. I just need the sun as I have gotten older.
I am glad you have had your classes to keep you occupied and the snow shovel! Hawaii would be great but since you are heading for France...that makes spring twice as inviting!
I have had an avalanche of work to do lately and Hazle has been in the hospital so I have been poised to jump on a plane to SLC if needed. She has pneumonia but finally she is doing so much better it may not be necessary for me to go.
I have a class to teach on blogging later this month which will require a PowerPoint presentation for our RS conference. And the bathroom project is getting done soon so there is lots for me to do on that. So anyway...I read this post several days ago but am just getting back to comment and say hi!
Take care Shaun...enjoy your special day with Fred!
Post a Comment