Friday, February 5, 2010

20 Reasons Why...

... I love this boy.

1. Cute baby. Let me repeat that: Cute baby.
Richmond, Virginia
1990

2. Always a contemplative child, curious and full of wonder.
Watching the snow fall
Colorado Springs-1991

3. Not afraid to shine.
Doing the Woody Woodpecker imitation at the Provo
4th of July parade-1995
And he won!

4. Loves trees almost as much as me.
Backyard happy place
1996

5. Always good for an outdoor adventure.
Summer, 1996

6. Always a good help to me with Jake and then with Abbie.
Joy School
Oct. 1997

7. An excitement for Life and all the possibilities it holds.
First day of High School
Aug. 2004

8.Never, never-ever, had a teen-ager attitude about spending time with family.
Dad and brothers Moab trip
May, 2008

9.You love your Daddy-O.
On Dad's support team for the LO-TO-JA
2008

10. You are just so dang cute and sweet!
Being cute and sweet - 2008

11. You love your family, and sometimes you think we're pretty cool.
San Diego- Christmas 2008

12. Willing to try new things, and keep trying until you get it.
Surf simulator at Belmont Park, San Diego
Dec, 2008

13. A funny kind of guy. Seriously. Funny.
With Sam-Feb. 2009

14. So. Amazingly. Talented.
Singing with Nick
Summer, 2009

15. I love all the laughter when all you kids are together. It doesn't happen now as much as it used to, but I love the laughter!
Summer, 2009

16. I love the bond you have with cousins (and this picture cracks me up!)
Saying good-bye to Kyle before his mission-2009

17. You aren't afraid of hard work.
Keeping Orem's streets safe and pretty- 2009

18. I love that you are named after your Dad's brother, who was his best friend.
Nov. 2009

19. Hummm...did I ever tell you how much I LOVE listening to you play the guitar? I never saw anyone with so much determination as you when you wanted to prove to Mr. Fernly you could be the jazz guitarist. All the hours and hours of practice have paid off and you are amazing on the guitar.
Nov. 2009

20. Smart, witty, intelligent, funny, handsome, kind, thoughtful. I realize that bumps me over the "20" mark, but so it is.There is just so much for me to love about you.
Christmas, 2009

And so, my Phred, I hope this is a happy day for you. My Mother-heart carries so many hopes and dreams for you and for your success and joy in life. You are a precious son.

Christmas, 2009

Here's to our Day! And here's to your new year!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
Mom



3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Shaun this is great! Happy Birthday to Fred! He does look like such a happy guy and I can feel that love you have for him coming through cyber space at this very minute! it is always a great day of celebration for the parents when a birthday is celebrated...especially the mom. My theory is that she should get a present also. I wish that would catch on, don't you?

Gone Gal said...

Happy Birthday, Fred! You have all the reason in the world to succeed. A perfect age to begin shedding the foibles of youth and to captilize on your past successses. Time to soar toward the promise of a prosperous and rewarding life as an adult. Whoo Hoo!

Jen said...

Well, that made me cry.