FOR TODAY
January 4, 2010
I am thinking...about when I can get back to working on my photos and printing them out on my new printer (Thank you, Santa).
I am thankful for...a warm house and running water and money to pay the gas bill and food in the pantry.
From the learning rooms...oh-ho-ho! It is going to be a shock to both Abbie and I to have to get back to the books after such a lovely holiday! We have some serious catching up to do!
From the kitchen...because of the busy nature of today I think a potato soup is going into the crock pot.
I am wearing...my pajama pants and a sweater and arctic socks. (Just kidding on the arctic socks thing.)
I am creating...wonderful things with paper and photographs! I'm finishing up my December Daily book and I'm finishing up some assignments from Ali's Yesterday/Today class and I'm working on the assignments from Cathy's Design Your Life class. I LOVE being a memory keeper.
I am going...to have to start doing other things, like laundry and grocery shopping and general housekeeping. haha! It has been a great vacation.
I am reading...the Old Testament, Dan Brown's last book (don't remember the name and don't want to go look), Seven Miracles That Saved America, and the manual that came with my printer.
I am hoping...that Sam gets registered for classes, which start on Wednesday...
I am hearing...the water dripping in the downstairs bathroom. It is a crime of the hundredth degree to turn that water off. After the winter of 2007 I live in fear of our pipes freezing. For 2 1/2 months! Never again!
Around the house...everything needs attention. It looks like we just finished a two weeks vacation, and we did!
One of my favorite things...a good night's sleep in my wonderful bed with clean sheets. Ahhhh...
A few plans for the rest of the week: I need to pull this house back together, and get groceries for the next few weeks. I will probably go to my Mom's to take down her Christmas tree and put things away. I need to spend some time planning out the month and making the menu. And if you can't find me I'll be in the art room playing with paper and photographs and my computer!
Here is picture thought I am sharing...
I am sad to have to put Christmas away this week. It is always a little bit of a sad thing to come to the end of such a fun holiday. Every year as I pack things away I think about what the year ahead might be like and what changes will come to pass before I unpack the Christmas bins for the next Christmas.
Abbie suggested we keep the family room tree up through January because it is more of a snow-tree. We'll have to see!




No comments:
Post a Comment