Saturday, February 20, 2010

Yes? Well?

So...ehem...I, uh...well, I've been busy?

Busy with, you know, life.

Okay, okay, not THAT busy. But sorta busy.

Actually, I have so many things crashing around in my head, and some of that crashing has kept my head pretty busy.

A girlfriend of mine found out her breast cancer is back.

{{{{{{CRASH}}}}}}

Four days later a friend tearfully told me her husband has cancer and she doesn't know what will happen.

{{{{{{CRASH}}}}}}

That kind of puts all my little blitherings into a perspective that I had to step away from for a little bit.

This Life thing. ouch.

I was going to write something about Fred's birthday dinner two weeks ago because those pictures are loaded on my computer and half my problem lately is getting my pictures out of my camera and onto my computer so that I can have something to blah-og about.

So I have this picture of Fred celebrating his 20th birthday at a family dinner at Red Lobster on Feb. 5th:

We had a lovely time and it was wonderful for our family to be together. It always is.

But instead of talking about all that I have something else to say. I have friends who right now are in The Fight Of Their Lives. When we were 20 did we even think about what it would mean to be in The Fight Of Our Life? Or The Fight For Our Life? Do you remember feeling invincible when you were 20?

What would you say to your 20-year-old self from your perspective-laden vantage point of now?

How would you live your life differently if you knew then what you know now?

Why are we allowed to make such monumental life-decisions when we are in our 20's?

Everyone has a sadness.

Everyone carries a burden.

Ever so gently is how we should be with one another.


1 comment:

velinda said...

This one got a tear from me. At 2o I had NO IDEA about, well, pretty much anything. But I thought I was grown up enough to be married. So I did. At 40 I began to understand sorrow, and a little about life. At 50 I'm not sure I understand anything anymore. . .