What are they doing?
Taking pictures.
Taking pictures of what?
Of a 21 (+/-) year tradition.
A 21 year old tradition?
Yes. And I now give you...
The Bunny Cake 2010:
Easter Dinner in all its glorious
glazed ham and
home-made Butterhorn rolls and
deviled eggs and
potatoes and
other various what-nots
just isn't Easter Dinner
if the Bunny Cake
isn't there.
And my children make sure about that.
And if that cake and frosting and coconut and candy
wasn't enough sugar...
there were heavily-filled Easter baskets
to get tummy aches with.
Tradition is a good thing.
But the best part of the day was
having 5/7 of the family together
and watching General Conference together
and remembering our Savior
and His atonement and His resurrection
and knowing that those are the true Easter gifts
of a loving Heavenly Father
to each of us.




3 comments:
I love that the kids are taking pictures. And I spotted your happy yellow casserole dish, too! I don't have a 20 year tradition of ANYTHING, but, thanks to you, I do have a holiday shelf, which recently came out of storage. It gave me a sense of "Okay, this is really home for us, then." And yes, I do need to take St. Patties down and put up the bunnies. *sigh* Easter just came so fast this year!
Looks like you had a great Easter with some of the kids! We have a bunny cake once in awhile when one of kids birthdays falls on or around Easter. Chris is March 27 and Jen in April 19 and they have both had them!
You must just about out the door for France! I am excited for you all.
Give my love to your mom!
Hugs, B
Post a Comment