Friday, April 30, 2010

The Power of the Nerf Sword

The place: St. George, Utah

The location: Smith's grocery store open 24/7

The date: Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The time: Close to midnight

The purpose: To get FOOD

Who went: I did, with three of my four boys

I haven't been grocery shopping with all my kids in YEARS. Probably 12 or 14. Who can remember? You know how it is: when the oldest child can "babysit" all the other kids in the family then going to the grocery store alone is the oasis of silence and control in a day that every mother savors. My kids knew-back in the day-that at the first sign of acting up we were outthedoornosecondchances.

I think they were pretty well-behaved children when we went shopping.

I didn't tolerate acting up.

I didn't tolerate crazy behavior.

I didn't tolerate mayhem.




It's comforting to know I raised them right.


No comments: