Monday, May 3, 2010

I Think I'll Finish That

Last night I was in my art room working on some digital pages (excuse me while I laugh incredulously at that statement. Who, in their wildest dreams, would have imagined ME actually doing digital things? whew.) Anyway, Abbie came in and was talking to me while she looked at stuff.

Then she asked me, "What's this?"

and I answered, "What's what?"

and she handed me something and said, "This."

and I took it and looked at it and said, "I don't know."

Then a faint recognition fluttered in my brain.

Years ago (hummmm, how many I don't know) I bought a pack of pre-cut squares of red, white, and blue kind of retro fabric just because I thought it was cute.

And I sewed the squares together and decided it would have to be a table runner because it wasn't very big.

And for some reason or another I lost interest in it, it seems like I decided it wasn't as cute as I'd wanted it to be. And I just folded it up and put it into my cupboard.

There it has been all these years (how many? I don't know) until Abbie pulled it out last night.

And Abbie couldn't get over how cute the fabrics are. And I looked at it with new eyes and decided it was kind of cute. And it was kind of a no-brainer to finish it.

So this morning I looked through my fabric stash and pulled out some to use for the backing and some to use for the binding, and I put that little thing together and machine quilted it and sewed the binding on.

And now it is pretty much all done. I just need to hand stitch the binding down.

Month of July: we'll be waiting for you with a little table runner ready to be used.

3 comments:

Gone Gal said...

As Abbie's inspiration to make a scarf were dashed, she went off to play with Luther...

Gone Gal said...

was

Bonnie said...

Very good, Shaun. You are a rare one...most of us never go back to it after it get tucked away. Nice rescue and very cute!