This is a little embarrassing:
When Abbie was going to be born I wanted a yellow room for her. Because yellow is such a happy color. And I was happy to be having a daughter.
And there was a lot of yellow in her baby room. Just not on the walls. Even though I bought the paint. And tried it out on the wall behind the door on a little spot.
But then she was born and it was all so amazing and overwhelming to have another baby (in my old age). And frankly, painting her walls yellow just wasn't important enough anymore.
And so life went on. And Abbie grew up. And then we started talking about painting her walls pink. Pink would be fun for a little girl.
But life kept going on. And life became very challenging. And painting pink walls wasn't important with all the bigger things that were happening. With teen-age boys.
Well, a month or two ago Abbie started talking with me again, about painting her walls. And we sort of made a plan. But...you know...life........
Then Nick came home on Sunday for Mother's Day. He brought me a bouquet of flowers. It was a fun surprise. He said he was going to stay the night. Wonderful!
At some point in our conversations we decided that he would stay a little longer and paint Abbie's room to help pay off a debt he has to us. So Abbie spent all day Monday emptying her bedroom of all her stuff (yes, she did the whole thing herself). And on Tuesday Nick and Abbie went to Ace and bought paint and supplies and they got to work!
Purple fumes.




2 comments:
Sweet! I had a purple room just like that when I was her age. Fun! How super for her to do it with her brother. A nice memory of purple fumes they'll share!
How great to have a big brother to make her dreams come true. I love the whole story behind the story because that's life. And the last picture says it all! And btw, that's my color-- trimmed with green. Great minds think alike . . .
Post a Comment