I'm on a roll.
If this keeps up all month I'll really feel accomplished.
But even if it only lasts this week, that'll be something else.
I'm getting so many things finished.
Okay, then, here's Number 4:
I have a friend, Lil Bubbly, aka Erica, who every now and then will send me a little note in the mail. I call them love notes. Or maybe she is the one who first called them that. Well, it doesn't matter who started calling them that, they just are.
And what have I done in return? Me? The one who loves to get real letters in the mail? Who loves to make cards?
Why, I send her an e-mail. How lame is that? How lazy is that? What kind of a way is that to treat Lil Bubbly?
Lil Bubbly is one of the best people I know. She has been a good and dear friend to my sons for many years. She thinks of me as a second mom (because nobody can take her mom's place). She comes and visits me sometimes when she's in town and we have really good talks. She listens to what I say, like maybe my words might make a difference in her life. She is one of those young ladies that any mom would be happy for her son to marry. I think my son(s)* might have missed out on that now because she has a boyfriend who recognizes a real gem when he sees one! And I'm very happy for the happiness that has brought her.
So this morning while I was waiting for Abbie at her ortho appointment I wrote my love-note to Erica. Last month she wrote a note to me full of well-wishes for our trip to France (because that's the kind of person she is). I'm ashamed that is has taken me this long to send her a reply. A real paper and pen reply. Not a facebook message.
The fact that she is known as Lil Bubbly tells you that her personality consists of happiness and optimism. When you talk with her you see light radiating from her eyes. And she looks you in-the-eye when she talks with you. She's got nuttin' to hide (eye-contact is a barometer on many levels).
And Erica, if you read this before you get my note, act surprised!
Now I'm off to take Abbie to her violin lesson and to drop my note off at the Post Office.
*As a mother of sons, I recognize the qualities in Erica that I would want to see in the mother of my grandchildren. Yes, that's how I look at things nowadays. Crazy. But true. You gotta be thinking long term. Some of these girls are going to be the women who raise my grandchildren! That could be frightening or that could be reassuring. *sigh*




No comments:
Post a Comment