Friday, May 7, 2010

#5 MAY-be I'll Finish Fixing Those Pants

Awhile ago, quite a few months actually, Doug was wearing a pair of slacks and I noticed a little hole in the seam by a pocket. I pointed it out to him and he asked if I could fix it. I told him I could.

So he hung the pants on a hanger and hung that hanger on one of the paper holders in the art room (because that's also where the sewing machine usually is) and there it has hung. All these months.

And sometimes those pants have been in my way and I have to move them from paper holder to paper holder so I can get what I need. Paper-wise.

Just a little ridiculous.

It was a very tiny hole, but you know how those things go.

There is an old saying that I have found to be very true:

A stitch in time saves nine.

Well, today I decided that it was way past time for me to repair those pants for Doug. I thought that maybe I could just make some tiny stitches and be done with it, but as I got going and investigating I realized that I was going to have to get into the guts of the pocket and seam.

I hate it when I have to get into the guts of the pockets. It can be such a hassle.

So I picked the seam out and did some pinning and took it to my sewing machine

which is actually downstairs right now. And I sewed that little hole right up, good as new.

And now the pants are hanging in Doug's closet. They are repaired and reinforced and ready for him to wear. Next fall or winter.

The whole process, taking them off the hanger to putting them into the closet, took me 30 minutes.

Think about that: Those pants have been hanging in the art room staring at me every time I walked into the room. For months.

It took me 30 minutes to fix them.

Have I really been THAT busy?

No. I have not.

ugh.


1 comment: