Tuesday, June 5, 2012

My Life In Six Weeks


Six weeks ago this became my place:


I wasn't terribly thrilled about any of it, but such is life.


Thank you, modern medicine, and good physicians and nurses.

Now may I go home?

Once at home I had lots of love and loving care:


And beautiful flowers to look at.


And movies to watch, if I could stay awake long enough.


 I especially had lots of books to read...


and read...

and read...

and read...

hummm, and read....
 (Thank you, Miss Abbie, for the books you got me!)

I had a hallway to walk laps on, back and forth, back and forth.

 And eventually I was able to start fixing dinner again.
That was a happy day for ALL of us.


During these six weeks there have been–

Accomplishments:

Injuries:


New jobs:

A returning college student:


Rediscovered interests and adventuring:


Serious training:

Spring arrived and the world exploded in green and yellow and pink and Lilacs:

Two birthdays:




Mild family adventuring:


More accomplishments:


Remembering and Honoring:

Loveliness:


Happy visits:

Great accomplishments:

It is quite something to be forced to pause and take life more slowly and to be more aware of life and what's going on. I feel like I've been something of a bystander, watching life happen around me, realizing just how much life does happen, whether I'm fully aware of it or not. 

My six weeks of taking it easy are over! I'm all done! I'm about to jump back into life with both feet! I may even go vacuum to celebrate, because I can now!

But I think I may miss this slower pace. I think I may miss reading the day away. I think I may miss the naps.

I think there is a balance in here somewhere. 

Mostly today I feel gratitude to my body for doing such a good job healing and doing what it knows to do. I am grateful to be at this day and at this place of possibility and potential. 

Life is good.



2 comments:

Jen said...

Good for you:) I was never able to get much rest at all during my six week recoveries from surgery--all 5 of them. I don't think I read one book or could even concentrate enough to watch movies. I am jealous. I, of course, had a new baby to tend to each time but also a house full of young children. I look back on those recovery periods as times full of complete and utter stress- me being bedridden and watching my household imploding on top of me. I am glad you are doing better! And I LOVE all the pictures.

Shaun at Oak Den said...

Not having a house full of small children makes a difference. But everyone my family is soooo busy, so things still kind of imploded! I was glad to be able to finally cook again, and it's going to take the summer to dig out and clean things up, I think. As helpful as everyone wants to be, it is just plain hard when The Mom isn't functioning.