Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I Love My Bosch

A few years ago for Christmas Doug gave me a Bosch and I was so excited to get this work horse of a mixer. I use this mixer for all sorts of breads and rolls. My personal favorite is when I grind wheat for immediate use as I make 100% whole, and freshly ground, wheat bread. There is something amazingly magical about the bread when the wheat is ground within 3 minutes of being made into bread. Maybe I just imagine it, but I think it is extra delicious.


This is my hard working machine

The magic for my children happens when I make 100% white flour bread. You would think this is the best treat in the world! Every now and again I'll whip up a batch of white bread for dinner (and with this machine and the recipe I use the bread is ready from start to finish in just about an hour and a half) and it doesn't matter what else I serve for dinner, everyone is happy because of the white bread. Actually, if I'm trying a new recipe for dinner and I'm not sure how it'll be, I'll make some white bread just so we can for sure have something good to eat! (Now my family knows my secret...) I always feel like such a good Mom when I make white bread! How funny is that?




This is the yummy result of all that hard work!


Last night Sam told me my bread is fit for a king. He told me some other funny stuff before that, but I choose to remember that he thinks my bread is fit for a king!


Recipe for Bosch Bread


3 1/2 cups warm water (I just use the hot water from the faucet)

1/3 cup oil

1/3 cup honey

1 egg if desired-not necessary (I've never done this)

2 TBS dough enhancer (from "health food" stores, its in a can)

1 TB salt


Mix for a second or so


Add 4 cups fresh ground flour--mix for a minute, then add 2 TBS SAF yeast.


Mix again until like pancake dough.


Let set for 10 minutes--this is called sponging your dough.


Then add enough flour as the mixer is mixing on low to allow the dough to clean out the sides and bottom of the bowl. This should only take 2 minutes or so. The object here is to add as LITTLE flour as possible, only enough to let it clear the sides of your bowl.


Let it knead now for 10 minutes on low.


Oil hands and shape into 3 loaves and put in bread pans.

Put loaves into a 200* pre-heated oven and let rise for 20 minutes.


Raise temp. to 350* and bake for 20-30 minutes more.



I am always on the look-out for a good bread recipe so if you have one please send it my way!






6 comments:

Jen said...

Shauna,
I am glad that you put your bread recipe on here because just before I scrolled down to see it I was thinking, "I am going to have to ask her for the recipe!" It looks beautiful!
-Jen

Anonymous said...

What beautiful bread! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Julie

Tami said...

Shauna,

Your bread looks delicious! I'll have to try your recipe. I really like your top thing - your Oak Den trees. It reminds me of Robin Hood. Looks like you're having fun with blogging.........

Shaun at Oak Den said...

Ah, the bread of life!

Bread, exotic cheese, fruit, and some fizzy water. The perfect meal :)

Bach and Bosch, music to my ears and my tummy:)

Doug

Shaun at Oak Den said...

Hummm...
Doug wrote that last comment while reading this logged into my account. I, myself, don't do exotic cheese that often, bit I do enjoy Bach.

-Shauna

Jacques said...

I guess that's where i get my dislike for most exotic cheeses.

-Jake