Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Snippets of Easter Sunday Part 4

We all went to Gramma's ward for Sacrament meeting. There was no Saturday party so everyone just got their Easter baskets after church.




Doug, Abbie and a Funny Bunny




These guys try so hard to look tough...



...but it's kind of hard to do when you're holding your childhood Easter baskets!



A word about Sam's hair: Sam has very curly hair, very tight ringlets. Through the years he has had fun doing things with his hair. He always attracts attention when he grows it long enough to pick it out into an afro. Being Sam, he wanted to have dreadlocks, just for the fun of it. This is the result of a few months of work. He had fun with them and I think he enjoyed the attention, but they have all been cut off now.




Our wonderful, beautiful matriarch



Jake, the boy, er, young man, with the golden heart




We decided to keep the meal simple this year, but the only thing that was simple was the paper plates and plastic cups! We set the food on the counter and ate buffet style. As you see, the focus here is on the food, not the family! But we are all there, all the Ogden family and all the Mark Bramwell family and Gramma. And the food was great, thanks to Mom and Malinda mostly.


Mom went to a lot of work to make a beautiful trifle, which was so very good and which astonished Shea and Phred...


...and after the prayer Shea couldn't wait to dig into it!


Beautiful Madison



These kids are so funny. They decided to throw their heads back in laughter, more or less, for the photo, but they really were having a good time. (Madison, Nick, Jake, Sam, Shea, and Gunnar)


Phred isn't so sure about things but Shea thinks it's all phunny.


First we had one wonderful son...


And then there were two best friend brothers...


How great was it to have three sweet boys?


And it is best with four. I love being the mother of sons.

The long and short of it all is...

We had a GREAT day together full of food and laughter and talking and sweet feelings.

We have a great family and I wish we were all a little closer.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Shauna,

Your blog is great! Thanks for inviting me to read it. (It is a good thing you did or I would have been offended!)

It is fun to see pictures of your boys. I feel like I am getting a glimpse into my not-too-distant future. At least I hope so. You guys seem like you all love each other so much and have a lot of good times together.

-Jen

Shaun at Oak Den said...

Jen,

Thank you for your graciousness, since I rather blatantly copied your blog layout. It was the template I liked best because it is light and clear and spacious. So thanks for ALL your inspiration.

-Shauna

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your Easter fun!
Love,
Julie

Jacques said...

That's right I'm a young man. and don't you forget it!