Monday, June 30, 2008

24 Years and Counting!

Today, June 30, is the day Doug and I were married in the Jordan River temple. It was a full and busy day and a fun day. We had many friends and family who came and celebrated with us, at the temple and later in Ogden at the reception. Won't you join me for a stroll down memory lane...(!!!)

Our announcement in the newspaper. It doesn't seem like wedding announcements are like this anymore.

Our engagement picture. We look so young (and one of us was...)


Coming out of the temple is the one time in your life you can feel like a celebrity with everyone waiting for you, cameras in hand! It was a pretty exciting moment!


My Dad took these pictures at the temple. Here he had given us pennies and told us each to make a wish and throw the pennies in the fountain.


Enjoying the moment...


I think this is a cool photo. We look so small next to the grandeur of the temple wall and especially the next to the significance of the words.


Our pretty little cake. I don't even remember what kind of cake we had. I just remember that I wanted real flowers on the cake.


It was really hard for me to do some of the poses the photographer wanted, but I did my best, all the while thinking about how stupid I felt. But they are nice pictures.


My new little nephew, Matt, who was around 5 at the time, thought I was some sort of a princess and he kept coming up to me to give me a hug and a kiss! It was very charming. I had only met him at the wedding, but he instantly fell in love with me! If you read this, Matt, don't cringe too much. It was very sweet. So one of those times the photographer snapped a picture when Matt came up to me. I'm glad he took this picture because it was a real moment!


This is Doug being so cool with his groomsmen. And they were very cool! LaMont Hesslsgesser, a really good friend, Doug's younger brother, Fred, and his older brother, Ward. They were doing some sort of shoo-wap-be-bop sort of thing and having fun.


As the night drew to a close the photographer said he had one shot left and what pose would we like. My sister, ever the appreciator of all things Jack and Jackie Kennedy, said, "Do a picture like the Kennedy's did when they were sitting on a hill at their wedding!" It is a great picture so I said, "Okay!" and we sat on the lawn and this picture is the result. It is probably my favorite picture of the whole reception.

It was a great day full of lots of joy and lots of smiles and laughter and many wonderful friends and family members. I married a good man and we are very blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so funny, my Parents were married in that Temple!