Thursday, June 5, 2008

Senior Picture-1974

Well, these were the hippie-dippie days. Not really serious hippie-dippie, probably more like wanna-be.

Since I wouldn't do the black-draped senior picture thing for high school, my parents had a friend of my sister, who was into photography, take me out into the country around Fairfield, CA and take my senior picture.

We spent an afternoon driving around to different places and stopping where we liked and taking some shoots. This must be the one I liked best because it is the one I have.

Being as this was the 70's I was into caftans (remember caftans?) and gauzey material from India and hand embroidery. So I made this blue, gauzey caftan and embroidered away on it with designs that I made up. Going for the nature-girl look. I also have a spoon ring on my finger that I bought in San Francisco. Anyone remember spoon rings? Have they made a comeback yet?

Unfortunately Darrell cracked jokes and made me smile so I didn't quite achieve the moody, deep-thinker look that I would have liked to have portrayed. I look rather pleasant and nice, not at all in teen-age turmoil.

The 70's were a good time. Looking back on them they seem so much simpler than life is today. I kind of miss them, but not the polyester.

No comments: