Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Bye-Bye


How have we been passing our time during these last of the winter months?

Photo of cast and crew

We've been involved with a community production of Bye, Bye Birdie, sponsored by the Arts Council.

Jake, as Freddy, with his partner

Jake with his dance partner jumping off the stage
Abbie as a nameless girl with her dance partner

Abbie, in the orange skirt

Jake, as Guitar Man

Jake plays a few parts in this: he is Freddy, one of the boys in town, and he is Conrad Birdie's guitar man so he gets to play his guitar on a couple of songs, which he enjoys doing. He also has a few other miscellaneous parts.

Here Jake is with another girl, singing and dancing. Golly, that Freddy sure gets around...

It is all very cute.
(heads in the foreground belong to the orchestra pit)

Here Abbie is in another scene, where they're looking for Conrad and Kim...

The young girls practicing their curtain call.

Jake taking his curtain call as Guitar Man.

It has been pretty fun. I've been helping out with the costumes. We open this weekend. For a small town we have some pretty good talent. When we first moved here Doug, Nick and Fred were in a production of The Music Man. Nick played Winthrop. I should find some pictures of that production, it was also a lot of fun.

So now you see what we've been doing with our time. Every Tuesday, Thursday and Friday nights from 7:00-10:00 (or later) and every Saturday from 9:00-12:00-except last Saturday was a 6 hour rehearsal.

This has been a really fun experience for Jake and Abbie and I've enjoyed being somewhat involved again. I was on the Arts Council board until Abbie was born, then I resigned. I was invited to join again and it is tempting. I need to think about that.

In the meantime: We love you Conrad, oh, yes we do...

Wish us luck!


No comments: