Monday, March 16, 2009

The Simple Woman's Day Book


FOR TODAY, Monday, March 16, 2009

Outside My Window...clear, blue sky, no wind, the week of Spring's arrival!

I am thinking...what would be a fun "Welcome Spring" tradition to introduce to our family. Anyone have any ideas?

From the Learning Room...gosh, we have so much catching up to do. Where should I start???

I am thankful for...our fun and safe trip out to Gramma's and back last night. My brother, Scott, and his family drove 15 hours to Gramma #1's house and are on their way to South Dakota to also visit Gramma #2. So Mom had a family gathering last night at her house. My other brother, Mark, and his family (who live by Mom) were there also. We spent 4 hours driving (out and back) so we could have 2 1/2 hours of visiting, but it was WORTH it!

From the kitchen...I'm going to make home-made (from Masa) tacos for dinner because a: I have avocados that need to become guacamole and b: Sam is coming home today to see the play tonight and c: everyone loves home-made tacos.

I am wearing...my work-out clothes. I'm going for a walk in just a minute.

I am creating...order out of chaos, with the help of an on-line class (Library of Memories.)

I am going...to choose Joy. Everyday.

I am reading...Team of Rivals. Still pluggin away at this. It is really interesting, I just haven't had a lot of reading time lately.

I am hoping...to get caught up wth my weekly assignments for my class (see above). I haven't finished last week's and then need to do this week's.

I am hearing...computer hum. Furnace hum. I like quiet. I do hear a song in my head. There is always a song going on in my head.

Around the house...I NEED TO GET THE LAUNDRY ROOM CLEANED!!!

One of my favorite things...hearing the birds singing again. I love it!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: My birthday! Abbie's birthday! Tonight is the last night of the play and we can reclaim our lives again. Doug and I are going to a photography workshop in the city this weekend (my b-day present).

Here is a picture-thought I am sharing:
My sweet daughter. She will be 10 years old this week! How has that happened? I LOVE having a daughter, and I LOVE having Miss Abbie for my daughter.

(November, 2008)

No comments: