Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Who Needs An Excuse?

Cinco de Mayo?
Really?
Do we really need an excuse
to eat Mexican food?

No.
In fact,
around here it has been known as
"Taco Tuesday".
It's Tuesday?
Oh, we must be having Mexican.

But I decided yesterday
to give this Mexican holiday
a wink and a nod
and I ventured into
the world of Google
in search of a refried bean recipe
and today I made my first batch
of refried beans.

We may never eat store-bought
Taco Time beans again.

And it is always a moment of
extreme excitement
when my kids realize I'm going to make
the tortillas.
And in honor of the holiday
I also made chips.

I know. I know.
I'm over-doing it.
Too much kitchen time.

But the results?


Well,
the results made everyone
happy
and
full.

(yes, yes, it is homemade guacamole also.)
(How do I do it??) 

I'm not sure what Jake-o is thinking
as he watches Nick build his taco.
But let me tell you,
we had some serious eating going on tonight.

And I cannot get over
how good the beans were.


4 comments:

Bonnie said...

You were very energetic! Everything looks delicious. It far surpassed my Weight Watcher fish!

Jen said...

Wow! I am jealous! One day I will get back in my kitchen. Until then, I am off to nurse again. Oh wait, I already am.....
-Jen

Gone Gal said...

Mmmmm....I can even taste it, a thousand miles away. Anytime you want to hire yourself out as a chef, let me know!

Wade & Kati Allen said...

Yummy! I love Mexican food! What time is dinner? I may have to stop by accidently on purpose on Tuesday!