Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Need To Go

I need to go on my bike ride.

I need to do this because I'm 53 years old and things are starting to ache.

I need to do this because I need to stay active, even when it sounds so much nicer to just sit and read a book. Or the computer.

I need to get out on the country roads and have stream of consciousness thought.

I need to ride long and hard so that I can feel my muscles ache for a reason.

I need to do the hard work of climbing some hills so that I can push the breath out of my lungs and breathe the air into my lungs.

I need to feel sweat coming out of my pores.

I need to feel the strength of my body working hard.

I need to clear my mind of everything except my strong breathing.

This is what I need to go and do.

2 comments:

happybritton said...

No WAY are you 53!!!
Hey, I would love to go hike with you sometime. Really... I would!

Bonnie said...

Shaun, I do so admire you for this. Exercise is something I have always struggled with. But keep trying. Good for you...Go and Do!