Thursday, July 2, 2009

What Does 25 Years Get Me?

Well.
It got me a ride on the back of Doug's motorcycle
down one canyon and up another.
(my pictures are on the camera I brought the wrong cord for, so I can't upload yet)
And then a hike
walking and talking about our life
and our children
and ourselves.


And dinner at the roof-top restaurant here at the Cliff Lodge.
This really does count for something.
The early years we had dinner at,
well,
I guess at home.
Who could afford dinner out?

But 25 years bought me a fancy-schmancy dinner
with a fancy-schmancy cheese plate
(I passed on the moldy stuff)

And my meal of 
salmon on a bed of caramelized onion mashed potatoes
topped with other things, including what looked like
baby clover???
I don't think it really was.
But it did look like things that grow in our yard that I'm trying to get rid of...

And Doug had sashimi ahi
(which is just a fancy name for tuna fish)
on a bed of roasted purple potatoes.
He had the clover on top of his, too.

25 years of
working hard
and figuring it out
and making mistakes
and trying to do and be better
and having fun
and going on adventures
and helping each other through the rough spots
and growing
and laughing.

Del Rey and Shirl.
Forever.







4 comments:

Bowen Family said...

Congratulations on 25 years! That is great. Here's to 25 more.

Bonnie said...

This is so sweet and what a great time you must be having. Congrats on 25 years of doing it right! You have a beautiful family!

Gone Gal said...

Happy 25th! It sounds like a perfect way to celebrate! Excellent choice of fare! Hope the next 25 plus is a smooth ride.. but you might need a Harley and not a KTM for that!

happybritton said...

Oh I love this! You two are just so great together. What a sharp looking couple.
This post almost makes me want to get married! .....almost.... but not quite....
Thanks for this post. You two are a wonderful example to me.