Monday a package came in the mail for me.
I had been expecting it.
I'm glad that it came.
It contained something that I haven't had for many years.
I haven't needed this for many years, actually.
But now I need it...
I have a passport again!
I can flee the country if I need to!
Oh. Wait.
This is one of those passports that has a chip.
They can find me wherever I flee.
So, I won't flee in a bad sort of way.
But I'll tell you where I AM going to go.
I can flee the country if I need to!
Oh. Wait.
This is one of those passports that has a chip.
They can find me wherever I flee.
So, I won't flee in a bad sort of way.
But I'll tell you where I AM going to go.
To this place:
Yes, I'm finally going to make it to Europe.
I've been all over North America.
I lived in Central America.
I've been to South America.
I lived on an island in the Pacific.
I've been to Hong Kong and Japan.
I just haven't been to Europe.
But Doug has.
And for our 25th wedding anniversary celebration
he's taking me to France.
He went there on his mission.
He took Nick and Sam in 2005.
Now he's taking me.
This trip has been in the works for a few years.
Doug has been reading and planning
and brushing up on his French.
I've been all over North America.
I lived in Central America.
I've been to South America.
I lived on an island in the Pacific.
I've been to Hong Kong and Japan.
I just haven't been to Europe.
But Doug has.
And for our 25th wedding anniversary celebration
he's taking me to France.
He went there on his mission.
He took Nick and Sam in 2005.
Now he's taking me.
This trip has been in the works for a few years.
Doug has been reading and planning
and brushing up on his French.





6 comments:
This will be SO GREAT!
I won't be surprised if you don't come back! I mean really, if I were your family, I'd be worried. You are going to have the best time. And how cool to have your own personal tour guide. How fun for him to be going with an adult who can appreciate fine dining and everything else that great city has to offer! Ah, the food, the wine, the history, the ambiance. Just don't walk around barefoot in your hotel.
If you get the chance, and want to watch something other than the old b&w classics, watch "DIVA" before you go, on a huge screen. Subtitled, and from the 80's, but very cool.
Also, dismantle your tramp if you haven't already to protect your assets while you're away. You don't need to pray to God for guidance on that issue. He's busy trying to answer prayers on behalf of the children in Darfur. He already set you up to take care of these issues on your own. He gave you a brain for common sense, you belong to a religion that tells you to obey your priesthood husband who early on said, "no", (but you disobeyed him anyway), and he blessed your sister to go to law school who is generous with her experience. And to restate the obvious, a motorcycle is an assumption of personal risk, not an attractive nuisance that invites others to utilize, get injured on, and result in all you've worked for being sued away. You know, the courts can even appoint a guardian on behalf of your kids to sue you? Just because your health insurance might pay for one of their broken legs, it doesn't pay for ongoing medical care and caretakers if they end up being a quad and survive into adulthood. Dismantle the tramp before you go and farm out the pieces to different friends so that your kids can't put it together improperly and cause even more liability.
BON VOYAGE
Hi Shaun,
Your travel experiences sound a lot like my son, Christopher. His mission was in Brazil, he has traveled extensively in the Asia and lived in China for 15 months, been to the Pacific Islands but never to Europe until last year. He loved it and I know you will too. I always say that one of the ten best nights of my life was in Paris. It is so beautiful and there is just so much to see and do. I am so excited for you! What month are you going? I am trying to get our flights to Italy this week but the agent hasn't called me back yet. By tomorrow hopefully we will be booked too!
Great... my road trip to California sounds so lame now compared to going to Paris.
I am so envious of all the traveling you've done (and are doing) in your life. That is exactly what I hope my single (and if it ever happens, my married) future brings is travel. Keep us posted on this! I want to hear all your fun plans!
OH how romantic...I went to Paris 30 years ago! It was exciting, beautiful,fun.
heureux anniversaire de mariage!
I am thinking that Racquet Club Kathy needs to edit her comments for my mental capacity. She lost me with all her legaleze. I honestly thought she was talking about dismantling Doug's motorcycle whose name is "Tramp". DUH!!
Love that you get to go to Europe now. And congrats on the 25 year thing. I have 22 years cumulative, but not with one person. Drat!
love you,
leeann
Post a Comment