It was wonderful to be at my Mom's house. It was good to visit and talk with her. I have a great Mom.
I went to two classes at the Apple store to learn how to tap into the potential of my Mac. I have a few more classes to take. My mind is befuddled with the possibilities. WHO THINKS OF THESE THINGS? It is over-the-top-way-more-than-we-need.
I had to go hold a book in my very own hands and read it and turn the pages with my fingers when I was done.
Abbie and I spent time with Fred and his girlfriend, Morgan. Morgan works at a scrapbooking store and set me up with some new toys. Need them? No. Will I have fun with them. Yes.
Friday night we were all at Gramma's house talking and laughing and eating. Sam, Fred, Morgan, Doug, Abbie, Mom and myself. It was fun.
Because we were in The Land of Many Stores, we went to them. That is always very exhausting. I did some exchanges from previous trips, bought much needed wedding gifts, Doug did the Costco run. We pulled into our driveway at 12:30 this morning. I was a little wired from the Pepsi I had to keep me awake for the two+ hour drive home. So no, I couldn't sleep until around 3:00. I know, I know. If I drank the stuff on a more regular basis it wouldn't affect me this way. But I don't. So it does.
Tonight we enjoyed the last of our fireworks in our backyard. I apologize to our neighbors. I know they were loud. I'm sorry. We're done.
We also roasted marshmallows in the fire pit.
And because Doug is who he is, we used Nutella. How smart is that?
Then Doug, being who he is, decided a marshmallow on a sparkler would be an interesting thing. And it was. In fact, it was really cool.
We did a few of them once we realized how fun it is.
And there was a pattern. The marshmallow would catch on fire and spark at the top:
And the flame would divide into thirds:
And this part was really cool. The marshmallow would light up on the inside! Who knew?
Yes. We had goofy fun. Relaxing with Nick and Jake, who did not go with us, was a great way to end the busy weekend.
And tomorrow starts a busier week...




2 comments:
We have a Mac too. It is great and I love it but it isn't too great for family history as you cannot download PAF. But I got Legacy and Jim still has a PC and a laptop so it is a going back and forth game but it works. The Mac is so amazing for photos...I love it.
I know what you mean about the shopping places...I marvel all the time. It is way better than the Bay Area.
Your marshmallow tricks are really neat. You have a neat family that seems to have lots of good fun together! Love that!
thanks for always visting me and commenting, Shaun...you are the best!
Hugs, B
What fun with the marshmallows. I love the eloquence of your words. Feels like I am sitting in the room as you speak. I remember that about you.
PS: You have a beautiful family.
Post a Comment