Friday, November 13, 2009

Hair We Go Again

Oh my goodness!
What is this?
What does this mean?
Where did this come from?

How did this come to be?


Well, I'll tell you:
First, you have your daughter wash her hair


and you comb it out nice and straight


and then you gather that hair together and make a braid

and then you chop it all off!
Easy-peasy.

But then you have to kinda work at it for a bit
and get it somewhat even
or at least as even as you can with a cheap pair of
haircutting scissors
and no real idea of what you're doing
(degree in Heath Science, not hair-cutting).

But in the end, it looks okay enough.

It has been a couple of days now
and I need to go back and tweak it here and there.

But Daughter is happy to live a
tangle-free life.

She's happy.
So I'm happy.

But I will admit:
it was really hard to finally agree to do this.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Abbie has beautiful hair, it looks adorable! Good job, Shaun!

Dorothy said...

OH MY, OH MY!!! IS THAT A NEW ABBIE I SEE? It is really really a cute look. Although you can't put my hair in a pony tail and braid it, I am thinking maybe you need to give me a hair trim next time you come!

happybritton said...

Dear Shauna and Abbie,
I ruv it!