Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Piano Girl

I am at my Mom's and am about to pack up and go home. I came out to take care of business and to also help my Mom scan more family photos into her computer so that she can continue telling the stories on her blog: Bramble (stanbram.blogspot.com). It is always fun to me to look at the old pictures.

I came upon the following picture of me at one of my piano recitals. This one was on June 3, 1972, (just a day over 36 years ago!) at the Wednesday Club in Suisun, California. My Mom sent this picture to my Dad who must have been in Viet Nam at the time. She wrote on the back of the picture that I crocheted a shawl the same day I made this dress. I remember doing that, it was a white shawl. I also had a black one and an orange one (???-it went with the dress I made it for...). This was in the 70's, you remember. I was quite the domestic diva. I made pretty much all of my clothes, and I really enjoyed it. How cool would this dress be today? Cracks me up!


As often as I was in a piano recital, I would still get nervous. It was always a nerve-wracking experience, but I made it easier by making a new dress to wear because "...it is always better to look good than to feel good..." ha ha!

3 comments:

Dorothy said...

I haven't seen this photo for a long time. I love it and I remember that dress! Do you remember what was the title of the piece you played? db

Tami said...

Shauna,

Isn't that a little over 36 years ago? I do remember the days when many people made all their own clothes. Your dress takes me back to those days.

Shaun at Oak Den said...

duh, yes that would be 36 years ago. Can that be possible?? Yikes! I'll go make the correction now...