Saturday, July 12, 2008

Dental Fun!

Last Friday our favorite Rick brought Doug's Mom (who lives in Mesa) out to get some dental work done. And while he was making the trip he also brought his daughter, Simone, for some dental work. And since he was doing all that driving, he decided to get some dental work done himself! It is great that Doug is a dentist because he can help out family and we can get family to come and visit us! Unfortunately, the timing wasn't the best for this visit because I was in high gear getting Jake ready for his scout camp and we had much to get done in Vernal that day. (As a side note, we have been so extremely busy this summer that Friday was the first [and last] day I could do the shopping with Jake that he needed.)

So they spent Friday afternoon getting dental work done with Doug while Fred assisted. Jake, Abbie and I spent Friday getting new hiking boots and bug spray and a new pocket knife, etc. etc.; and dropping off a load at the DI; and going to the library; and buying the necessary snacks for camp...the list went on and on.

But the best part was meeting up at Stockman's for dinner that night! This way I wasn't cheated too much out of a visit AND I didn't have to fix dinner that night! (see a previous post regarding that topic...!)


Rick and Simone and their happy teeth


Mom Ladner, who has been through a lot the past few weeks with Grandpa Ralph


Doug, Abbie and Fred happy to have food in their tummies. It was a long day of assisting for Fred, who didn't get a lunch that day

Janet wasn't able to come because she was at home tending to Grandpa who had surgery on his broken finger the night before. Janet is one of the most amazing people I know. She is one of my heroes /heroines in life.

It was a great little visit and everyone left with happy smiles all around!

No comments: