Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Happy Birthday, Dad!

Today would be my Dad's 79th birthday, and today is the day our family is gathering for our first ever big family reunion. I think that is just about the best thing we could do to celebrate my Dad's birthday! So Happy Birthday, Dad!

My Grandpa, Ernest Bramwell, with his three children, Craig, Jeane and my Dad, in June, 1930

Dad with his dog, Butch (I think that was his name). Dad loved his dog.



Elder Bramwell, on the right in white, on his mission in Argentina just before some baptisms. Dad loved his mission and he loved Argentina.


Dad and Mom in the Mission Home in Santiago, Dominican Republic where Dad served as the Mission President from 1994-1997


Dad and Mom in Washington State where they went to visit Kathy, Fall, 1997.


I love this picture of Dad. It was taken during the cancer time when he was feeling pretty well. It makes me smile because it is so my Dad--he has a safety pin holding his glasses together! The picture itself isn't very good because it is at the end of the roll of film and the negative strip is showing up. But I still love this picture!

And so World, celebrate my Dad today! His life was way too short, but what he did with his life was very big. I love you, Dad!


2 comments:

Jen said...

Shauna,
Whenever you talk about your dad I just feel like I know him and love him too. Is that weird? I am crying right now and don't know why.
I hope you have an awesome family reunion! Good luck with everything.
-Jen

Shaun at Oak Den said...

Thanks, Jen. We both have pretty great dads, don't we? They left us way too soon. Thanks for loving my Dad.

The reunion is going so well. I'm really happy for that!